Divisional Merchandising Manager - Menswear
Sunday, December 08, 2013
Head Office, Toronto
Reporting to the Co-owner; Director of Fashion, and the GM manages all facets of store merchandising to ensure that customer service standards are maintained and all product and sales goals are achieved through the conscientious application of Sporting Life merchandising standards to achieve our mission statement: To be a retailer with Passion, Knowledge, Integrity committed to a relentless desire to improve our performance in creating the highest quality experience for all Customers and Staff.
• This position is responsible for driving the business, achieving sales goals by supervising and directing the Division’s buying team to ensure that all stores have an appropriate selection of merchandise in sufficient quantities;
• Creates, implements and manages specific category purchase programs including timely processing of all orders;
• Maintains maximum gross margin dollars by successfully controlling mark downs;
• Administers aging and turnover controls;
• Selects products for advertising/marketing;
• Demonstrates superior win-win negotiation techniques;
• Prepares expense budgets as required;
• Control of payment terms/ delivery dates/etc.
• Promotes Human Resources initiatives through on-going coaching, and fair and consistent leadership
• Communicates with stores and vendors on a daily basis to foster relationships and cultivate a two way flow of information;
• Actively participates with training every season through photo books, product knowledge sessions regarding merchandise, key trends, influences and reasons for selection, etc.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• 5-8 years of progressive retail experience
• Equivalent of post-secondary degree or diploma in a business related discipline
• Ability to develop a long-range merchandising strategy for the Division
• Superior skill/taste level and ability to interpret customer desires
• Ability to make decision under considerable pressure and with time constraints
• Above-average written and numerical, analytical skills
• Superb negotiating and representing skills
• Organizing skills to manage a variety of tasks at the same time
• Understanding the impact of competitive and economic trends
• Ability to understand and identify with the basic goals of the organization
• Demonstrated competence with PC software programs
• Being proficient in the use of all internal merchandising and planning systems
• Superior commodity knowledge
If you don't see a current opportunity with us that suits your background, we invite
you to click here
to submit your cover letter and resume for future consideration.