Thursday, February 28, 2013
Bike Store, Toronto
Reporting to the Hardgoods/Softgoods Manager, manages the selling team to ensure that customer service standards are maintained and all product and sales goals are achieved through the conscientious application of Sporting Life standards to achieve our mission statement: To be a retailer with Passion, Knowledge, Integrity committed to a relentless desire to improve our performance in creating the highest quality shopping experience for all Customers and Staff.
• Serves as a role model for all customer service standards;
• Provides excellent customer service to Sporting Life’s internal and external customer;
• Promotes the Sporting Life House Philosophy consistently in all aspects of the business;
• Resolves customer complaints through excellence in customer service, and efficient follow up to ensure 100% customer satisfaction;
• Assists in managing sales floor and sales staff; effective coverage with the goal of ensuring that every customer has been serviced to the highest level;
• Motivates and leads staff through personal example regarding selling skills, store cleanliness, departmental job lists, health and safety practices, dress code, staff relations and compliance with Sporting Life policies and procedures;
• Contributes to overall store profitability by striving to exceed department goals by achieving personal sales goals and managing staff sales;
• Manages inventory and reacts to department inventory needs ensuring replenishment and merchandising needs are satisfied to maximize sales and profitability;
• Reviews schedules on a regular basis to ensure proactive response to business needs;
• Recruits and selects superior staff in conjunction with the Hardgoods/Softgoods Manager and assists with staff development through on-going coaching, succession planning, performance appraisals and fair and consistent leadership;
• Participates in training, both in maintaining a current personal level of product knowledge and communicating the latest product trends, innovations and technologies through training sessions;
• Adheres to Sporting Life guidelines in performing authorizations for warranties, repairs, returns and alterations;
• Analyses and communicates merchandise needs to management; assists with department merchandise presentation;
• Controls shortage through inventory control and adherence to Loss Prevention guidelines;
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Progressive management skills with proven leadership ability;
• Highly sales and profit driven;
• High standard of professionalism;
• Enthusiasm for serving public ensuring that all customers are cared for equally and in accordance with Sporting Life standards;
• Participative yet assertive management style; leads by personal example, coaching and teamwork;
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and respond with tact and diplomacy;
• Strong sense of urgency in dealing with business and staff needs;
• Excellent analytical skills;
• Creative abilities as they apply to basic merchandising;
• Basic P.C. Software and AS400 knowledge.
If you don't see a current opportunity with us that suits your background, we invite
you to click here
to submit your cover letter and resume for future consideration.